How do you select the specific types of meat and fish you use in your treats?
- Our goal is to offer ‘classics’ like beef liver and chicken breast, as well as some proteins that may be new to your dog or cat. We hand select each protein based on its nutritional value and how much dogs and cats love the taste. To understand more about the nutritional value of our various freeze-dried treats, please see the Nutritional Benefits section of our website.
Do you use human-grade meat in your treats?
- We can proudly say that we only use USDA-inspected meat in all our treats, which means we only use meat that is safe for human consumption.
Where do you get the meat and fish that your treats are made from?
- All of our proteins are sourced from farmers in the heartland of the U.S.A. We only use USDA-inspected meat, which means it has to meet the same standards for freshness and quality as the meat you purchase for yourself from a grocery store or a butcher shop.
Are your treats good for all breeds? All life stages?
- Absolutely – yes and yes. And one reminder – all of our treats can also be shared with cats.
If my dog has trouble chewing, which treats should I select?
- We recommend the chicken breast and Pacific rockfish. These treats are more 'flaky' compared to our other treats and are easier to chew for dogs who have few teeth or have difficulty chewing food.
Which of your treats are best for cats?
- Cats tend to enjoy are our freeze-dried Pacific rockfish training treats, chicken heart training treats, turkey heart training treats, minnows, and chicken breast.
Why do you specialize in freeze-dried raw treats?
- We believe raw meat is best for our dogs. However, we also know that not everyone is able to feed a raw meat diet to their dogs. Freeze-dried raw treats are a great way to supplement any diet, be it dry, wet or raw. They are also very effective reward treats for training – and we think a well-trained dog is a happy dog.
OUR RAW, FREEZE-DRIED TREATS
Why should I feed my dog freeze-dried raw meat treats?
- Two simple reasons:
- Great for dogs: The digestive system of dogs was designed to consume raw meat and freeze-dried raw treats offer the taste of real meat that every dog craves. They are also a healthier choice than most treats as they are high in protein and free of additives.
- Convenient for pet parents: For us pet parents, freeze-dried raw treats are less messy than having to deal with raw meat. And their low moisture content means we don’t have to worry about refrigerating them to prevent spoilage.
What is freeze-drying? How is it different from air-drying?
- Freeze-drying and air-drying both remove water from meat and fish. With moisture removal, these processes: eliminate the potential for bacteria to grow; preserve ingredients in their natural state; and lock in enzymes, vitamins, minerals and flavor. Freeze-drying uses a high-pressure vacuum to quickly freeze the protein and remove moisture, while air-drying uses hot dry air to remove water. We chose to freeze-dry our products as some nutritional elements can break down when heat is applied in the air-drying process.
My dog has never eaten raw meat before, can he/she eat your raw, freeze-fried treats?
- Absolutely – but start off in moderation. Our dogs are natural carnivores and their bodies are genetically designed to consume raw meat. However, most meat and fish treats are high in protein and consuming too many of them could initially result in an upset stomach. We recommend offering a few treats per day during the first week and monitoring your dog when feeding them. Once your dog’s stomach is used to digesting raw meat, feel free to increase the number of treats consumed each day.
Do your raw, freeze-dried treats have to be refrigerated?
- No need for refrigeration, which means you can take our treats with you anywhere. Because moisture is removed during the freeze-drying process, all of our treats are shelf-stable. However, we remind you to always seal the bag after giving treats to your dog to prevent too much oxygen from getting inside.
Is eating freeze-dried raw meat treats safe for my dog? How do you protect your treats from bacteria?
- We are big fans of freeze-dried raw meat, but you should know where the meat comes from and how it is handled. At Fig & Tyler safety is our top priority, so we use only fresh USDA-inspected meat and fresh fish. (This means the proteins we use are the same quality as you would buy in a supermarket.) Also, the process of freeze-drying removes all the water from the protein, thus eliminating the potential for bacteria to grow as bacteria needs moisture. Finally, we seal our treats in bags using a nitrogen gas flush. This is a safety best practice used in the food industry to keep oxygen out of shelf-stable foods.
We created this brand and these treats for pet parents who, like us, wanted safe treats that were made from healthy, recognizable ingredients. We would never sell anything that we did not feel 100% comfortable feeding to our little guys!
Can I feed freeze-dried raw meat treats to my cat?
- Cats love raw meat. Unlike dogs, cats are obligatory carnivores, which means they must eat meat to survive. Freeze-dried meat and fish treats are an easy way to share all of the nutritional benefits of raw meat and fish with our feline friends without any of the mess.
Why does it say on the bag that humans should not eat your freeze-dried treats?
- You will notice this statement on our raw, freeze-dried treats but not our slow-baked ones. The freeze-drying process removes the moisture from the raw meat and fish, but the proteins are still raw, so that is why humans should not eat it. Dogs are built a little different than us as they have more acidic stomachs and shorter digestive tracts, so they can digest raw meat.
What makes your training ‘morsel’ treats different from your other treats?
- You will go through a lot of treats while you are training, so we made our training morsel treats smaller in size. Using smaller treats when training won’t fill your dog up or introduce unnecessary extra calories, and you will save money. You don't need a big treat to motivate your dog when the treats are this yummy!
ORDERS & DELIVERY
When will my order ship?
- Your order will generally ship within 24 hours after we receive it. Orders placed over the weekend will ship on Monday. You will receive a shipping confirmation email upon shipment which will include a tracking number for your reference.
How long will it take to get my shipment?
- With Standard Shipping: 3-5 business days. With 2nd Day Air: 2 business days. With Next Day Air: 1 business day.
How can I track my order?
- We will send you a shipping confirmation email with a tracking link once your order leaves our facility. You can also login to your figandtyler.com account to check your order status at any time.
Can I ship my order to multiple locations?
- No, unfortunately we are unable to offer multiple points of shipment in a single order. If you are interested in sending our products to multiple locations, please check out separately for each destination.
Do you ship internationally?
- We currently ship only within the 50 United States. However, we are working on expanding our reach to Fig & Tyler fans in international markets and hope to share updates with you soon.
What is your return policy?
- If you or your pet are not completely satisfied with any of the products you purchased on our website, please send us an email to email@example.com. We ask that you include your order number and a brief description of why you wish to return the product. A member of our team will then get in touch with you about next steps.
OUR PET PRO PROGRAM
Do you offer discounts for Pet Professionals?
- Yes we do! We have a special program that is open to pet professionals only. To learn more see the Pet Pro Program overview section of our website.
Who is eligible to participate in the Pet Pro Program?
- Pet professionals, including behavior and agility trainers, veterinarians, breeders, dog walkers and groomers are eligible to participate in our Pet Pro Program. At this time, the Pet Pro Program is open to US residents only. When you register, you will be asked for information about the kind of work you do and any credentials you hold.
Does the Pet Pro Program require selling treats or making referrals?
- No. The Pet Pro Program is not a sales program. We do have a retail program, which you can read more about below under the heading “Retail Opportunities,” but this is in addition to our Pet Pro Program. As for referral minimums, we have none, but making referrals benefits you as you receive credit you can spend on our website.
Is the Pet Pro Program free to join?
- Yes. The Pet Pro Program is free to join, has no purchase or referral minimums, and was founded on the ideals of wanting to support and reward trainers and pet professionals.
I only work with a handful of clients. Is the Pet Pro Program right for me?
- The Pet Pro Program could be a great option for you! Since this is not a sales program and we do not have any purchase or referral criteria, trainers that work with a small group of students still benefit. You are elegible for all discounts, and if and when you do refer a student, friend, or colleague to us, you will receive credit you can use on our website.
As a Pet Professional, can I sell Fig & Tyler products?
- Yes! We only sell our treats through Pet Professionals and a few select independent pet stores. This provides a unique opportunity for Pet Professionals as your clients can’t buy our treats through national retailers. For more information on this topic, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Retailing with us is simple and straightforward, and there are no minimum orders.
Do you partner with any training organizations or schools?
OTHER OFFERS & PROGRAMS
Do you have any special offers for dog clubs?
- Absolutely. We have partnerships with several agility clubs and can typically work with you to develop a customized program to support the needs of your members while providing healthy and easy to use treats for dogs. Please send us a note at email@example.com for additional details.
Does Fig & Tyler support animal shelters and other non-profits?
- Yes. Fig & Tyler loves giving back. Please send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll set up a time to talk, get to know your organization, and see how we can support the good work you do.
Where can I buy Fig & Tyler treats?
- You can only buy Fig & Tyler treats online on our website. We are not sold on Amazon or through any other online retailers. In the real world, we are only sold through professional dog trainers and a handful of independent pet stores. We do not sell through any national chains.
Are Fig & Tyler real dogs?
- Fig and Tyler are real dogs and they were the inspiration for the Co-Founders to create this brand. The two dogs are best buddies who are inseparable yet total opposites. Fig is a goofy, adventurous Mutt who was rescued by his parents while on an island vacation. Tyler is a pedigree Field Spaniel who is more reserved and wouldn’t trade his life in the big city with his dad for anything. You can find out more about them in the ‘Company Bios’ section of our website.
I am with the media, how can I get in touch with you?
- For any media inquiries, please connect with us at email@example.com.
If I have a random question or comment about Fig & Tyler, how can I contact you?
- We love hearing from our customers. If you have any questions or simply want to share your feedback about our products with us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org